Who is Justin Keating?
I have lived in the Rosemont neighborhood since 2005. My wife, Janis, and I have two sons: Pearse (age 4) and Emmet (almost 2). They are by far the greatest things that have ever happened to us and we think they are really cool kids. Every new day with them is the best day we've ever had. I have lived in the DC area since 1997 and we know that Alexandria is the only place in the area that we could happily raise our children.
I am originally from Buffalo, NY, and I moved to DC in 1997 to start law school at GW. Since graduating 12 years ago, I have been in the private practice of law. I primarily represent labor unions. (Don't be frightened away by that- see my Q&A page.)
I am easy to find and if I am elected to serve, I'm sure nobody will have trouble cornering me with concerns, compliments, suggestions, and questions. Here are some suggestions for where to track me down:
- Weekdays I usually work out of my law firm's Alexandria office on Eisenhower Avenue near the PTO building
- Early mornings I'm usually chasing (with limited success) some new health and fitness goal at CrossFit Old Town on North Royal. (Very cool place, I highly recommend it.)
- After the kids' morning routine gets them to pre-school, I take up residence at St. Elmos for a half hour (or longer if my phone doesn't start ringing) until I start my workday.
- After school and on weekends, I spend about 90% of my waking hours at local playgrounds with my sons. But I love every minute of it.
- On rare occasion, I sneak out to a local pub for a few Port City beers with the other fathers from the kids' pre-school.
If you find me at any of these places, I'm open for ACPS discussion. This goes for campaign season, but more importantly it will be the same if you vote me onto the Board. Accessibility will never be a complaint someone will have about me.
Ok, that's great. I sound like a fine person, don't I? So why do I think I'm qualified for this very important job? See the Q&A page.